The Department of Immigration Services (‘DIS’) has introduced an online platform known as the ‘electronic Foreign Nationals Services (eFNS)’ for the application of permits, passes (including re-entry passes), citizenship, permanent residence, visa extensions and alien (foreigner) registration. The platform can be accessed at here.
The new system was rolled out on 1st March 2016. The DIS will not accept hard copy applications with effect from this date.
1. This is a positive move towards digitizing operations at the DIS and will allow for better tracking of applications since one will be able to check the status online.
2. Once submitted, the applications will go through all the vetting stages as is the case with hard copy applications.
3. We shall continue to assist in the review and completion of application documents, online submissions and following up for approvals.
1. It is expected that the processing timelines will significantly reduce with eFNS. We shall continue to apply the current timelines and will advise you on the new timelines in due course.
2. There shall be transparency in the processing of applications at the DIS.
We trust that the above is clear but please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any clarification or additional information.